Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Day 2 for Jess

I am well into day 2 now. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to say I started, but I can say with certainty that it has been since Monday at 7:00pm since I've had a solid meal. All other meals have been fruit punch.

I think I'll quit the fast tonight (after a 48 hour period). Although the duration of the fast will have been much shorter than the recommended time, I still feel like I learned something. Stuff I've learned so far:

1. No food makes Jess very grumpy. At least, that is on day one. Today, I feel a little more mellow and less preoccupied with thoughts of food.

2. No food makes it difficult for Jess to concentrate. Again, at least on day one. I had a very difficult time concentrating yesterday. I am doing a little better today.

3. Two days is not enough to cleanse. Especially, if you're not taking the "relaxing teas." Not a big deal since I now know ...

4. Not eating gives you a much greater respect for food (good food). I passed by a gas station this morning with a sign out front that said "Stuff yourself". Pictured on the sign was a bag of potato chips, cookies, and a can of pop. It just about made me ill. Crap food is not appealing right now. Steak is.

5. In addition to steak, I have a carb craving. I wasn't kidding yesterday when I said I wanted a piece of toast. I also want a nice Papa Johns pizza. Some might consider this crap food too, but at least its one step above the junk on that sign.

6. Watching people eat when you are hungry is not a good idea. It just makes it worse.

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress today.

4 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jess B. said...

Had half of a Blanace Bar when I got home today. Tasted sort of funny. Nearly made it 48 hours. Tonight is pizza. You guys have far stronger wills than I do. Good luck!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger 3030vision said...

dude, balance bars are NASTY!

4.5/5 days mang!! w00t!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Meika said...

Maybe I missed this, I just randomly found your blog, why are you guys fasting? Is there a dietary reason? Religious? Just to see if you can do it?

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jess B. said...

Greg:

Balance Bars aren't that bad. But, I have to say that it didn't have the burst of flavor I was expecting after not having eaten anything for nearly two days. Honestly, it had a very bland, almost non-existant taste. Strange.

Meika:

As for why most of us our fasting, the reason is to cleanse toxins from our bodies. For me however, I think I started it mostly to see if I could do it. Honestly, it's much harder than I expected. You think very strange thoughts when you don't have food in your belly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home