Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Cheating already

Okay, it's day one for me, and my mind is already subconciously attempting to cheat. I woke up pretty groggy this morning and headed straight for the breakfast bars. It was only after I had bitten off a good mouthful that I realized I was supposed to start my fasting today. Visions of bulimic teens danced in my head as I squatted over the garbage can spitting the Balance Bar out of my mouth. Later, as I fed Alessia, I absently put one of her Cheerios in my mouth. That one went into the sink.

I think I put too much cayenne pepper into the mix. I know it's supposed to have a small kick to it but it tastes more like Texas chile. Does it upset anyone else's stomach?

By the way, I'm f*cking hungry.

4 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Greg S. said...

so you're starting the day with no food? i think the rest of us started after breakfast. later on today may be rough, but i'm sure you'll make it through. check it out! everyone else is feeling great!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I am so freaking hungry right now I could eat my fist.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Also, the taste of this texas lemonade makes me seriously want to hurl. Can anyone else describe the taste of your drink so that I can get an idea for what its supposed to taste like?

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Greg S. said...

well... regarding the lemonade, the sugar cane juice seriously cuts the spiciness, especially if you're drinking it full strenght (not diluting the cane juice before preparing the "lemonade"). i found that the spice in mine is reminiscent of a slight ginger tang. sounds like you may have put too much cayenne. it's only 1/10 of a teaspoon per serving, so 6 servings is just a little more than 1/2 a teaspoon. that's not much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home