Tuesday, April 05, 2005

LITE Artificial Butter Flavored Syrup Product

----------------------------
FASTING EFFECTS
----------------------------
MIND - Yesterday was very interesting. And manic. Very manic. I had (and am still having) a really difficult time concentrating on one thing at a time. My mind is all over the place. I have too much unfocused mental energy. This is by-far the most striking effect of the fast. Bridget commented last night that she'd never seen me so manic.

I feel creative. I'm compulsively cleaning, organizing, gardening, and writing. It's very difficult to do things like read, unless it's really interesting. I get bored quickly and want to move on to something else. Mentally, I've either never felt like this before, or haven't felt like this in a profoundly long time. I'm glad I'm out of work, else I might find this energy too disturbing (especially for anything rote).

I just can't do anything that doesn't feel very engaging. It's taking a tremendous amount of focus to do anything that isn't really interesting. I need to do my taxes, mail in my car insurance info, and write back the woman I interviewed with yesterday. And while I'm very into getting things done, I just don't care about any of this stuff.

I've also gotten a bit dizzy and light-headed at times. I've had a few hallucinations. They're pretty minor (like seeing things moving out of the corner of my eye), but last night I was convinced there were ants crawling on a piece of paper. They were only pencil marks.

HUNGER - ... is hardly an issue. I am hungry, but it's not anywhere near debilitating. Drinking the Sugar-Cane-Juice, Lemon, and Cayenne Pepper mix is satiating. The sugar goes right to the brain.

However, I've never fantasized about food like I would about sex. I am now. I'm having rather elaborate fantasies about touching food, putting food in my mouth, and chewing. I don't really care about the filling of the stomach as much as the tactile pleasure of eating. I just had a rather involved fantasy where I rubbed strawberry all over my lips, put it in my mouth, played with it with my tongue, and finally bit into it. It burst in my mouth. Delicious! I could feel the tiny prickles.

BOWELS - Churning and burning baby! The "Smooth Move" laxative tea (Senna leaf) seems to keep things moving around (with a little pain), and the cayenne pepper burns upon departure. I did the salt water cleanse about 45 mins ago. It was disgusting and difficult to consume, but it just went through me: a freight train of salty goodness. Besides having to drink it, I enjoyed this experience. It didn't give me cramps like the tea. Felt like it really just shot right through and cleaned me out.

HEAD - No caffeine in the last 54 hrs. My head still has a dull ache and has been this way since I woke up yesterday. It's not unbearable, but is annoying. I feel like some exercise would work it out. I'll at least take a long walk today. Maybe I'll run. My energy feels high for small tasks. Running sounds a bit intense without solids at the moment.

CLEANSING MORE THAN BODY - I'm cleaning out my drawers and kitchen cabinets. I found the following in my cabinet and laughed out loud: "LITE Artificial Butter Flavored Syrup Product." Ha! That sounds like the stupidest crappiest most-processed thing ever! ... especially since I bought Grade-B Organic Maple Syrup at the Farmer's Market today. Needless to say, the "Butter Flavored Syrup Product" is going in the can with the rest of my waste.

-------------------------
WEIGHT -- Apr-05-2005 -- 5:30AM
-------------------------
Me - 161.4 lbs -- 21.3% body fat

4 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Greg S. said...

yeah dude, two words: REAL BUTTER. also, how is it you're getting fatter?!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I'm getting fatter because of faulty technology. Stupid scale. I might take it back and get a different one.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Though now that I think about it a little more, my body fat % could've gone up because my water weight has dropped. Does that make sense?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Greg S. said...

yeah, that makes sense.

fatty mc-fattster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home